Prof. Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed
- Ph.D. Management Science & Engineering (Applied Statistics) – Jiangsu University, China . January 2014
- M.Sc. (Mathematics), KNUST, Ghana. November 2009
- B.Sc. (Mathematics), KNUST, Ghana. July 2003
- HND (Statistics), Kumasi Polytechnic, Ghana.
- Teacher’s Certificate “A” E.P. Training College. 1995
- Joined a Conference via https://youtube.com/channel/UCss01eG5wJEWfdiA-RYxJZA on Challenges and Innovations in Statistics Education, Multiplier Conference of PROCIVICSTAT (http://www.eco.u-szeged.hu/procivic). September 7 -9, 2017
- International Statistical Institute(ISI): Short Course Certificate on Survey Analytics from Questionnaires and Textual Social Media Analytics, July, 2017.
- International Statistical Institute(ISI): ISI-Young Statisticians Workshop Certificate July, 2017.
- International Statistical Institute(ISI): Short Course Certificate on Construction of weights and treatment of influential units in surveys, July 2017
- Attended a forum on OFFICIAL STATISTICS AND BIG DATA
- Attended Author workshop on Publishing in INTERNATIONAL STATISTICAL REVIEW(Why, What, Who and How)
- Certificate(Enhancing Partnerships between TVET Institutions and Industry in Africa), Golden Bean Hotel, Kumasi-Ghana, 7-11 December 2015
- Workshop on Africa Infrastructure Knowledge Program Data Collection, Validation and Data Processing, Pretoria, South Africa, 15-26 June 2015
- IBM MEA UNIVERSITY BIGDATA FACULTY TRAINING, University of GhanaComputing Services (UGCS). 1st to 5th June 2015.
- Structural Equation Model and R software by Geoffrey Hubona, Georgia State University,2013
- Certificate (Basic R for Epidemiology, Regression Analysis and Advance Epidemiology Methods) – 2008, King of Songkla University, Thailand.
- Certificate (Analysis of Longitudinal Data uses R: Exploration and graphical display, Area under curve (AUC), Individual growth rates, Handling of missing records, Modelling (marginal models, random effects models, transition models). 2009, King of Songkla University, Thailand.
- Course Completed (Climate Change: Vulnerability, Adaptation, The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, The Greenhouse Effect and the Earth's Atmosphere, Earth's Climate: Past and Present, The Major Consideration: Generation of Power, The Economics of Climate Change, Mitigation Policy and External Costs, Challenges for Mitigation and Adaptation ), 2013, University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Data Analysis: The Analysis Factor Webinar, 2012
- Data Science: Coursera.org, August 2015
Associate Professor of Statistics: August 2015
Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences and Technology, Kumasi Technical University, Ghana. 2014 to date
Built a strong team of excellent lecturers in Statistical Sciences. Developed a culture of high research outputs in research from various social problems. Reinforced and extended the current High National Diploma (HND)that ledto the ACCREDITATION of Statistical Sciencesprogrammes that include: (Bachelor) B-Tech in FINANACIAL STATISTICS, B-Tech in HEALTH STATISTICS, B-Tech in ENVIRONMENTAL STATISTICS,and (Researched Masters) M-Tech in HEALTH STATISTICS, M-Tech in FINANACIAL STATISTICS and M-Tech in ENVIRONMENTAL STATISTICS. Expanded collaboration with local and international high learning institutions and private sectors.
- September 2014 to Date: Editorial Board Member of GLOBAL JOURNAL OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- September 2014 to Date: Reviewer to HIV & AIDS Review, Elsevier
- June 19, 2015 to Date: Reviewer to BMC Obesity
- June 25, 2015 to Date: Reviewer to Oxford University
- October9, 2015 to Date: Reviewer to Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Group
- October 14, 2015 to Date: Reviewer to Journal of Statistics and Mathematical Sciences
- Reviewer for British Journal of Mathematics & Computer Science, ISSN: 2231-0851, Vol.: 7, Issue. 6, www.sciencedomain.org/review-history.php?iid=937&id...Link
- Reviewer for Asian Journal of Mathematics & Computer Research
- August 2014 to Date: Academic Assessor for Promotions in Tertiary Institutions, Ghana
- August 2014 Special Guest to DISSERMINATION WORKSHOP OF THE GHANA LIVING STANDARDS SURVEY ROUND SIX REPORTS at NODA HOTEL, KUMASI
- February 2015 Resource person at CourseHubGh: R Courses coursehubgh.com/course/index.php?categoryid=2
Country Coordinator, International Statistical Literacy Project(ISLP) . April 2017, Resource Person: Training in Statistics to Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection.
- February 2017: Publication and Conference, Ghana Statistical Association
- February2017: Council Member, Ghana Statistical Association
- April 2008 to Date – Data Resource Person: Training in Statistical Packages (SPSS, R, MATLAB,) to Ghana Association of Statistics Students (GASS).
- 2008 Resource Person :Training in R to some Lecturers of Mathematics Department, KNUST
- 2008 Resource Person :Training in SPSS and R to Graduate and Undergraduate Students of Mathematics Department, KNUST
- 2009 Resource Person :Training in SPSS and R to KNUST Graduate and Undergraduate Students, ICT Centre, Library Block, KNUST, Kumasi
- 2009 Resource Person :Training in MATLAB to some Lecturers of Mathematics and Statistics Department, Kumasi Polytechnic
- November 2009 Resource Person: Training in DATA ANALYSIS USING SPSS to Faculty of Applied Science Students, Kumasi Polytechnic SERVICE TO THE KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY and BEYOND:
- August 2017-2019: Member, Technical Advisory Committee of Ghana Census of Agriculture
- 7-14 February 2018: Member, Trainer of trainers of Ghana Census of Agriculture
- A Research leader for The „Partnership for Applied Sciences –PASS“ project, conducted jointly by the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, Cologne University of Applied Sciences, International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef, Cape Coast Technical University and Kumasi Technical University, funded by DAAD/MIWF: From July 2017 to June 2021
- May 2017, Headed a team that collaboratedwith MTN Foundation to submit proposal for funding the construction of a Data Science Lab
- October 2016, National Vice President, Ghana Statistical Association(GSA)
- Consultant, Ghana Statistical Service
- Chairman, Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Technical University Review Committee
- Chairman, Quality Assurance Technical University Review Committee
- September 2014 Head of Mathematics and Statistics Department,Kumasi Polytechnic, Ghana
- October 2014 to Date: Dean of Applied Sciences, Kumasi Technical University, Ghana
- February 2015 to Date: Editorial Board Member of Kumasi Technical University Journal
- September 2014 to Date: Member of Academic Board
- September 2014 to Date: Member of Executive Committee
- September 2014 to Date: Member of the Budget Committee
- April 2015 to Date: Member of the Staff Development and Scholarship Committee
- 2014-2016: Member of Proposal Review Team on Ministry and Environment and COTVET Research Grant, Kumasi Polytechnic, Ghana
- 2007 – 2009: Board Member of Faculty of Applied Science, Kumasi Polytechnic
- 2009 to 2010: Statistician for QUALITY ASSURANCE UNIT, Kumasi Polytechnic
- July-Nov 2010: Member of the Research and Development Committee of the Polytechnic Teachers Association of Ghana (POTAG), Kumasi Polytechnic Branch
- 2010 Field Supervisor for Ghana’s 2010 Population and Housing Census
- Jan-April 2011: Member of Research and Academic Writing Committee,
- National Patron, Ghana Association of Statistics Students'' (GASS), 2009 – to date
- Attended 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress, Kuala Lumpur , August, 2019
- Attended 61st ISI World Statistics Congress, Marrakech, July, 2017
- Attended ISI Young Statisticians Workshop, July, 2017.
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presented on “Spatial heterogeneity in child labour practices and its determinants in Ghana” at the 61st ISI World Statistics Congress held in August 2019 in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia.
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presented on “FINANCIAL SECTOR DEVELOPMENT AND THRESHOLD EFFECT OF INFLATION IN ECOWAS AND SADC: A PANEL SMOOTH TRANSITION REGRESSION APPROACH” at the 61st ISI World Statistics Congressheld inJuly 2017 in Marrakech , Morocco.
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presentedon “Socioeconomic differences in the prevalence of care need among older men and women in Ghana” at the 61st ISI World Statistics Congress held in July 2017 in Marrakech , Morocco.
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presentedon “Assessing the Relationship between Socio-demographic Characteristics, the Need for Care and Wellbeing of Informal Caregiving in Ghana” at the 61stISI World Statistics Congress held in July 2017 in Marrakech , Morocco.
- Attended the 60th ISI World Statistics Congress held from 26-31 July 2015 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presented a seminar on A logistic Regression Model on Motor Insurance Claims in Ghana at the Sino-foreign conference for post-graduate students, Nov. 2011. Jiangsu University
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presented a seminar on The Impact of Preventive Health Behaviours and Risk Factors on Health Status of Ghanaian at the Sino-foreign conference for post- graduate students, Nov. 2012. Jiangsu University.
- A participant in the conference on Reproductive and Child Health, Current Trends and Challenges, KNUST Medical School, 2010. ANITA Hotel, Ejisu, Ghana.
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presented a seminar on the impact of socioeconomic status and medical conditions on subjective health and health care utilization among ageing Ghanaians at the Sino-foreign conference for post-graduate students, Nov. 2013. Jiangsu University.
- Bashiru Imoro Ibn Saeed presented a seminar on Socioeconomic Inequalities and Health Care Utilization in Ghana to Kumasi Polytechnic Lecturers (August, 2012)
- Presented a paper on “The Effects of Socio-Economic Factors on Utilization of Different Healthcare Services among older persons in Ghana” at the 1st International Conference on Applied Science and Technology. November, 2014, Kumasi Polytechnic, Kumasi
- Presented a paper on “Assessing the influential factors on healthcare Utilization in later life: Evidence from Ghana”, March, 2014, Kumasi Polytechnic, Kumasi
1. Aidoo, E.N., Bashiru, I.I. Saeedand Boadi, E.A. (2012). The Relationship between Inflation and Inflation Uncertainty: The Case of Ghana. The Empirical Economics Letters ISSN 1681-8997, Vol II Number 4 April 2012; pages 323-331
2. Aidoo, E.N., BashiruI.I.Saeed,Ababio, A.A., Nsowah-Nuamah, N.N.N. and Munyakazi, L. (2012).Analysis of Long Memory Dynamics in Exchange Rate.The Empirical Economics Letters. ISSN 1681 8997, Vol II No. 7 July 2012
3. Kofi A. Ababio, Eric N. Aidoo, Thomas Korankye, Bashiru I.I. Saeed, Munyakazi Louis, and Nicholas N.N.N. Nsowah-Nuamah., (2012). Modelling Student’s Satisfaction with Library Services in a Tertiary Institutions: Evidence from Kumasi Polytechnic. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management. ISSN 2224-5758 Vol 2 No. 6, 2012
4.Bashiru, I.I. Saeed, (2011) Logistic Regression Model for Motor Insurance Claims Ghana. A Case Study of SIC Insurance Company Limited. Project ID Number: 17094 ISBN: 978-3-8443-1607-0, LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
5.Bashiru, I.I.Saeed, MunyakaziLouiz, Aidoo, E.N, Nsowah-Nuamah, N.N.N, Alfred Yawson and XicangZhao(2013). Socio-economic Inequalities and Healthcare Utilization in Ghana. International Journal of Business and Social Research, ISSN 2164-2540Vol. 3, No. 1, January 2013
6.Bashiru, I.I.Saeed, A R Abdul Aziz and XicangZhao(2013). Assessing the Influential Factors on the Use of Healthcare: Evidence From Ghana, International Journal of Business and Social Science . ISSN 2219-1933, Vol. 4 No. 1 January 2013
7. Bashiru, I.I.Saeed, DuaOduro, Atta Mills Fiifi and XicangZhao(2013). Determinants of healthcare utilization among the ageing population in Ghana, International Journal of Business and Social Science, ISSN 2219-1933, Vol. 3 No. 24, December 2012
8.Bashiru, I.I.Saeed, A.R. Abdul-Aziz, SamuelNguahBlay, and XicangZhao(2013). The effect of Socio-Economic Predictors of Chronic Diseases in Ghana: Results of a Nationwide Survey, Global Journal of Health Science ISSN 1916-9736 Vol 5 No. 5, 2013
9. Kwame Annin, Bashiru I.I Saeed, Alfred Yawson , A.A.I. Musah, Emmanuel Nakua, Peter Agyei-Baffour , Samuel NguahBlay, Nsowah-Nuamah, N.N.N, (2014).Assessing the Association between the degree of pain and Socioeconomic Status among Older Persons in Ghana: Global Journal of Health Science ISSN 1916-9736 Vol. 6, No. 3; 2014
10. BashiruI.I.Saeed, A.R. Abdul-Aziz, SamuelNguahBlay, and XicangZhao(2013). The Impact of Preventive Health Behaviours and Risk Factors on Health Status of Ghanaians, Global Journal of Health Science ISSN 1916-9736 Vol 5 No. 5, 2013
11. BashiruI.I.Saeed, Xicang Zhao, A.A.I. Musah, A.R. Abdul-Aziz,AlfredYawson and Azumah Karim (2013). Analysis of Social Cohesion in Health Data by Factor Analysis Method, Journal of Education and Learning ISSN 1927-5250 Vol. 2, No. 4; 2013
12. Ebenezer Bonyah, L. Munyakazi, N.N.N. Nsowah-Nuamah, D. Asong, Bashiru I.I. Saeed (2012). 'Application of area to point Kriging to Breast Cancer , Incidence in Ashanti Region of Ghana. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences ISSN 2006-9723 . Vol. 5(2),
13. Bashiru I. I. Saeed, S. K. Appiah, N. N. N. NsowahNuamah, Louis Munyakazi, A. I. Musah ( 2014). Model Equivalence in General Linear Models: Set-to-Zero, Sum-to-Zero Restrictions, and Extra Sum of Squares Method. International Journal of Statistics and Probability ISSN 1927-7032 Vol. 3, No. 4; 2014
14. Bashiru I.I. Saeed, Zhao Xicang, Alfred Edwin Yawson, Samuel BlayNguah and NuamahN.N.N(2015). Impact of socioeconomic status and medical conditions on health and healthcare utilization among aging Ghanaians. BMC Public Health ISSN 1471-2458. Article URL http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12889-015-1603-y
15. Abdul-Aziz, A.R., Bashiru I.I. Saeed& Alexander Ayogyam (2014). Customer Satisfaction of Mobile Telecommunication Networks in Ghana: Service Delivery Perspective. Journal of Accounting and Management. J A M v o l . 4 ,No.1 ( 2 0 1 4 )
16.Kwasi Poku Asare, Olivia Poku Asare and Bashiru I. I. Saeed (2015). Models for Characterising Hypertensive and Non-Hypertensive Diabetic Patients: A Case Study of Komfoanokye Teaching Hospital-Kumasi, Ghana. Research Journal of Mathematics and Statistics. ISSN 2042-2024 Vol 7, Issue 2, 2015
17.Azumah Karim, Bashiru I.I. Saeed, Kwaku F. Darkwah, and A.A.I. Musah (2015). Analysis of chronic disease conditions in Ghana using logistic regression. International Journal of Statistics and Applications, Volume 5, Number 4,
18.Kwasi Poku Asare, Olivia Poku Asare and Bashiru I. I. Saeed (2015). Models for Characterising Hypertensive and Non-Hypertensive Diabetic Patients: A Case Study of KomfoAnokye Teaching Hospital-Kumasi, Ghana. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare, ISSN: 2224-3208(Accepted)
19. Kwasi Poku Asare, Olivia Poku Asare, Bashiru I. I. Saeed and E. A. Prempeh (2015). Exploring the Variability between Groups and Non- Hypertensive Diabetic Patients: The Hotelling’s T-Square Approach”A case study of KomfoAnokye Teaching Hospital-Kumasi, Ghana. Research Journal of Mathematics and Statistics. (Article # 17369-RJMS-DOI)
20.Hudu Mohammed, A. R. Abdul-Aziz and Bashiru I. I. Saeed (2015). Modelling the Ghanaian Inflation Rate Using Interrupted Time Series Analysis. Journal of Mathematical Theory and Modelling.
21 Afrifa – Yamoah E., Okyere, Gabriel Asare, Asare – Bediako Michael, Bashiru I. I. Saeed.(2016). A Robust Procedure for the fit of oneway ANOVA Model under Adaptation on the observed Samples. Journal of Mathematics and Statistical Science, volume 2016, 534-553,Science Signpost Publishing.
22. Amina Abubakari, Azumah Karim, Bashiru I. I. Saeed, Afrifa – Yamoah E.(2016). Trend analysis of malaria cases in Ghana from 1985 – 2008. Sky Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences vol. 4(4), pp. 028 – 033, May 2016
23. Afrifa – Yamoah E., Bashiru I. I. Saeed, Azumah Karim.(2016). Sarima Modeling and Forecasting of Monthly Rainfall in the Brong Ahafo Region. World Environment 2016, 6(1): 1 - 9
24. Bashiru I. I. Saeed, A. E. Yawson, S. Nguah, Peter Agyei Baffour, Nakua Emmanuel, Edmund Ayesu.(2016). Effects of socio- economic factors in utilization of different healthcare services among older adult men and women in Ghana. BMC Health Service Research BMC Series – open, inclusive and trust 2016 16:390 , DOI: 10.1186/s12913 – 016 – 1661-6, 2016
25.Salifu Katara, S.K. Amponsahand Bashiru I.I. Saeed(2017). Distributional analysis with line transect methodology of the distance sampling techniques, the case of large mammals of the Mole National Park of Ghana(Accepted). African Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science Research-AJMCSR/05.06.17/0703
26. Lucy Twumwaah Afriyie & Bashiru I. I. Saeed & Abukari Alhassan(2018), Determinants of child labour practices in Ghana, Journal of Public Health DOI 10.1007/s10389-018-0935-3.
27. A. R. Abdul-Aziz , Albert Luguterah, Bashiru I.I. Saeed(2019)"Using Residual Estimators to Detect Outliers and Potential Controlling Observations in Structural Equation Modelling: QQ Plot Approach" has been accepted for publicationAcceptance Letter for Paper ID: 1241212). Open Journal of Statistics