Master of Technology (MTech) in Construction Technology
Programme Title: Master of Technology (MTech) in Construction Technology
Level of Programme: Masters/Graduate
At the end of the programme, students should be able to:
- Perform professional tasks
- Critically analyse problems
- Perform the functions of a site manager/ engineer
- Conduct problem-solving research
- Create businesses
- Train artisans with skills
- Uphold the highest ethical standards
Admission, Progression and Graduation Requirements
- BTech certificate holders with a minimum of Second Class (Lower) Division and relevant working experience;
- A good first degree holders with a minimum of Second Class (Lower) Division;
- Candidates should have obtained a good first degree in the following fields: Building Technology, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure Planning, Real Estate or any other relevant field.
In addition to 6.1, Candidates must attend and pass an interview session to be granted access to the programme.
The MTech Construction Technology programme will span a period of TWO YEARS in duration. A student who is not able to complete the programme within eight (8) semesters shall be withdrawn.
To progress from year one (1) to year two (2) a student should have taken all the required courses. A student who trails any course shall be given the chance to Re-sit the examination(s) before the beginning of the next academic year.